The City of Westland is accepting applications for Police Officer
Applications for the open Police Officer position are being accepted from January 9, 2019 through February 13, 2019. Applications must be postmarked, email delivered, or received in the Westland City Clerk’s Office at Westland City Hall, 36300 Warren Road, Westland, MI on or before 4:00 PM on February 13, 2019. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be not less than 21 years of age (or 19 years of age with United States military experience)
- Have a High School Diploma or GED (presented with application)
- Have a valid driver license (required at time of application)
- Be a Police Academy graduate and MCOLES certified or certifiable at time of hire, or Law Enforcement Academy attendee at time of application
Proof of above requirements must be submitted with application.
- Starting salary is $40,282 with a total compensation package of $48,018 which includes holiday pay, uniform and weapons allowance and education bonus
- Top salary is $67,137 not including the previously mentioned bonuses
- Officers receive generous sick time accruals of 18 hours per month
How to Apply
Applications are available online only at: cityofwestland.com/departments/city-clerk/fire-and-policecivil-service-commission
To see all open positions in the POAM network, visit our Job Openings section here.