Municipal Safety Officer Position Opening
The City of Ann Arbor is hiring a Municipal Safety Officer. This sworn part-time law enforcement position involves protecting life and property at the City of Ann Arbor facilities. Under the supervision of a Police Supervisor, the Municipal Safety Officer is responsible for building security for the Larcom City Hall. The Municipal Safety Officer may be assigned to work building security at other City owned facilities.
In this position, a Municipal Safety Offer will provide general armed security in the Guy C. Larcom Building. Responsibilities include preventing unauthorized access to facilities, responding to emergencies or situations where individuals may exhibit threatening behaviors, using appropriate de-escalation techniques, and making periodic rounds of the facility to monitor for security threats and, if any, report them immediately. This includes investigating security concerns and threats, reporting any unusual activity to management immediately, documenting incidents, and submitting daily reports.
Furthermore, Municipal Safety Officers are expected to direct customers to the proper locations and assist guest services staff as needed. The starting wage for this position is $28.00 an hour.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent college credits (60) is required at the time of hire.
- At its discretion, the City of Ann Arbor may consider an alternative combination of formal education and work experience.
- At least three years of prior law enforcement experience.
- Must be MCOLES certified/certifiable at the time of hire (which includes, among other things, possessing a valid driver’s license.)
- If hired, the candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than their start date or have a City of Ann Arbor-approved medical/religious exemption.
How To Apply For the Municipal Safety Officer Position
You must apply online if you are interested and wish to be considered for a position with the City of Ann Arbor’s Police Department. Only completed applications will be considered to move forward to the next hiring process step. You will be able to see the status of your application when you log in to our website. Also, please forward the link to any interested candidates.
The application deadline is November 13, 2022.
For More Information
For questions and comments about the police officer positions, please feel free to contact Sgt. Jaime Crawford by phone, (734) 794-6956, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org; additionally, you can visit the Ann Arbor Police Department’s website.