Apply for this St. Louis Police Officer Position
The St. Louis Police Department is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Full-Time Police Officer. The St. Louis Police Department provides 24-hour police coverage to the City of St. Louis. Patrol officers work 12 hours shifts – six 12-hour days and one 8-hour day per pay period.
The department is located in central Michigan near the intersection of US-127 and M46. St. Louis is approximately three-square miles in size. The last official U.S. Census shows the population of St. Louis, MI, to be 7,482.
All applicants must:
- Be MCOLES licensed or eligible for licensing upon appointment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Possess an Associate’s Degree or higher.
- Must pass a physical, drug screen, vision, and hearing test.
St. Louis Police Benefits
The starting benefits, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, include the following:
- Starting wage of $23.41/hour.
- After 4 years, $27.01/hour.
- FTO receives an additional 50¢ per hour spent training another officer.
- BC/BS health insurance with Health Savings Account.
- MERS Defined Contribution retirement plan.
- Delta Dental.
- Group Life Insurance.
- Optional Deferred 457 plan.
- Child-Care Flex Spending account.
- Short-term disability and long-term disability for all eligible full-time employees.
- 80 hours of vacation after one full year of service.
- 24 hours of personal time annually.
- 54 hours of sick time annually after one full year of service.
- Training and certification programs as determined necessary.
How to Apply to the St. Louis Police Position
Those interested may respond to Chief Richard Ramereiz at the St. Louis Police Department located at 300 N. Mill Street in St. Louis, Michigan, with a cover letter, resume, and the following completed documents:
- City of St. Louis Full-Time Employment application.
- Criminal History Background check form.
- Authorization of Information Release form.
These forms can also be found on the City of St. Louis website. The deadline to submit your application is until the position is filled.
Please direct all questions and comments to the St. Louis Police Department by phone, (989) 681-5285, or emailing Chief Ramereiz directly.
THIS INSTITUTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER.