Full-Time & Part-Time Positions Available for a Frontline Strong Specialist
Common Ground’s statewide crisis hotline, MiCAL (Michigan Integrated Crisis & Access Line), is hiring full-time and part-time remote workers for the Frontline Strong Specialist role.
The ideal Frontline Strong Specialist is a resilient, devoted individual with either current or previous experience as a First Responder. If you wish to positively impact the lives of First Responders throughout Michigan, this organization invites you to apply!
Daily Responsibilities of a Frontline Strong Specialist
- Log in to hotline platforms from your home office
- Respond to incoming anonymous calls, chats, and/or texts from First Responders in need of support
- Provide information on resources (i.e. mental health services, therapy, substance use treatment facilities, etc.)
- Utilize de-escalation techniques for First Responder callers experiencing a crisis
- Take calls from the National Suicide Prevention hotline
- Coordinate with EMS or police to complete active rescue as needed
- Triage calls to determine the appropriate level of care
- Warm transfer calls as appropriate to other call centers/providers
- Document each encounter while in-call
- Provide follow-up calls to ensure successful access to services
- Communicate with the MiCAL Shift Supervisors and other MiCAL staff to receive or provide additional support
- Maintain high-level confidentiality while performing all duties
- Permanent year-round Michigan resident
- Current or previous First Responder experience (law enforcement officer, safety officer, paramedic, EMT, firefighter, etc.)
- Experience providing immediate support during prevention, response, and recovery operations
- High School Diploma or GED
- At-home high-speed internet on a private network
- A private, HIPAA compliant, dedicated at-home office space
Benefits & Wages
- $18 with an additional $3 per hour evening/overnight shift premium or $1 per hour weekend shift premium for hourly full-time and part-time employees
- Extremely generous paid time off featuring floating & paid holidays, vacation time, and sick time
- Competitive benefits
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer-paid training
- Fringe benefits
How To Apply for the Frontline Strong Specialist Position
Interested applicants must apply online. This position will remain open until all positions are filled. Additionally, the selected candidates will participate in a mandatory, virtual 100-hour Crisis Intervention Training program to ensure they are set up for success in this role.
For More Information
For questions and comments, please visit the Common Ground FAQ page or contact the Administrative Office by phone at (248) 456-8150.
About Common Ground
Common Ground is a community-crisis organization that has been in existence for over 50 years. Our purpose: helping people move from crisis to hope. At Common Ground, we help individuals and families who are experiencing crises of any kind, from suicide to substance abuse, human trafficking, mental illness, and more.
Common Ground is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.