Paw Paw Police Officer Position Opening
The Paw Paw Police Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Police Officer. Applications are open for qualified candidates now until the position is filled. The police department hopes to hire one new officer by July 2021.
Located in Western Michigan, the Van Buren County seat, and conveniently located off Interstate 94, near Kalamazoo, Michigan, the Village of Paw Paw has approximately 3,700-year-round residents with award-winning businesses and proactive community members. The department has an authorized strength of 10 sworn officers, two of which are part-time. The Police Department is committed to a strategic plan revolving around a community policing strategy.
Employees of the Paw Paw Police Department, working in conjunction with our community, are dedicated to improving the quality of life for our citizens and providing a safe and secure environment for all.
All candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for the position:
- 21 years of age
- High School graduate or G.E.D. (college preferred)
- No felony convictions; misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Possess a valid drivers license and a very good driving record
- MCOLES certified or certifiable
- U.S. citizen
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
Benefits & Wages
- Starting pay: $25.35 per hour
- After 3 years, the pay raises to $30.70 per month
- Health Insurance
- MERS retirement (2.5 Multiplier)
- Sick time, personal time, and vacation time
- Holiday pay
- Uniform and equipment provided
- $3,000 signing bonus
How To Apply
To apply, interested candidates must submit a resume and application, including your driver’s license number. Download an application on the department’s website and submit, or contact Office Manager, Teresa Svilpe at 269-657-5501.