Apply for the Oakland County Part-Time Parks Deputy Position
Oakland County is now hiring for a part-time Parks Deputy who, under limited supervision, is responsible for performing security and law enforcement functions within Oakland County Parks. This individual will patrol parks to enforce state laws and local ordinances, and answer and investigate complaints regarding accidents, property damage, and disturbances. They will also answer emergency calls in cases of illness, injury, fire, or other disruptions in the daily operations of the parks. Additionally, this individual may provide emergency first aid services until assistance arrives and provides first response fire-fighting service until local firefighting units arrive and respond to emergency situations, and assist in making arrests. The starting wage is $26.60/hour.
A field investigation will be conducted covering an applicant’s evaluation of employment, school, home, credit criminal, military or other personal records. Any conviction or convictions for moving traffic violations, accidents, non-moving traffic violations, or violations of other laws will be reviewed by the Sheriff’s Office before an applicant can be appointed. Information obtained during the background investigation will be considered in the hiring decision. Convictions of the Domestic Violence Statute will be a disqualifying factor.
Applications will be accepted now until December 31, 2023.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- MCOLES License or proof of current Police Academy enrollment and attendance.
- Must maintain firearms qualification and deputy status.
- Thoroughly documented work history.
- Valid Driver’s license or chauffeur’s license number.
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity.
- Be a high school graduate or have a certificate of successful completion of the General Education Development (G.E.D.) Test; AND
- Possess current MCOLES license OR be currently attending a Police Academy training or its equivalent (as required by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards MCOLES).
- NOTE: Must have successfully completed the police academy and be eligible to be licensed prior to the date of hire.
- Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
- Have not been convicted of a violation of criminal law including domestic violence. (Criminal law generally includes all offenses except traffic law, conservation law and liquor law. Generally, a conviction for a violation of criminal law is automatically disqualifying).
- Have at least 20/20 corrected vision in both eyes and have normal color vision and depth perception in both eyes.
- Have normal corrected hearing in each ear. In the case where the applicant is eligible to be licensed must pass per Michigan Commission On Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
- Pass the complete examination, including the employment physical established for this classification.
How To Apply for the Oakland County Part-Time Parks Deputy Position
Interested applicants can apply with the form below or using the online career portal. For applicants using the online career portal, please note that if you have included your work history on a resume, you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience Section of the online application prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications.
For questions reguarding the position or application, please contact Lieutenant Brent Miles by email at or by phone at (248) 858-1597.