Plymouth Township Full Time Police Officer Position
The Plymouth Township Police Department is seeking a full-time police officer. The department is looking for the hired applicant to enforce laws and ordinances, apprehend, process, and prosecutes offenders, control and regulate traffic, and conducts general and special patrols within the Township. This position includes 12-hour patrol work shifts and competitive benefits.
- Candidates with prior police agency experience should apply directly with the Township, those candidates without prior experience must take the EMPCO written exam and appear on the EMPCO’s eligibility list to be considered
- Contact EMPCO
- A minimum of an Associate Degree or equivalent
- No felony convictions and must possess good moral character
- Must possess a valid Michigan operator’s or chauffeur’s license and a good driving record
- Must pass a post-offer, pre-hire medical examination, and drug screening test
- All candidates will undergo psychological screening and background investigation to be employable
- United States Citizen
- MCOLES certified or certifiable at the time of application
Successful candidates will be hired at the union contract mandated wage rate. Employees are paid bi-weekly. A 207(k) exemption under FLSA applies to this position. Officers are currently scheduled seven (7) twelve (12) hour days, every two weeks for a total of 84 hours per fourteen (14) day pay period.
A full complement of Township benefits including but not limited to health insurance, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, long-term disability, defined benefit pension plan, deferred compensation plan, and other benefits more fully described in the union contract and the Township personnel policies manual.
Note: Benefits are subject to change based on collective bargaining.
The salary for this position is $48,831.01.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must complete and submit an employment application in one of three ways:
- Mailing to: Plymouth Township, 9955 N. Haggerty Rd., Plymouth, MI 48170
- Dropping it off at the Township Hall in the CLERKS DEPARTMENT
- After hours: drop the Application (in an envelope) in the GREEN MAILBOX in front of the Township Hall
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please direct all questions and comments to Dan Kudra by phone, (734) 354-3241, or by email, email@example.com.