Tuscola County Sheriff’s Office’s Road Patrol Deputy Job Opening
The Tuscola County Sheriff’s Office is hiring for a Road Patrol Deputy officer to serve the public by providing assistance, coordination, and delivery of law enforcement, corrections, and support services for the safety and protection of people and property with respect to the constitutional rights of all citizens.
This is a full-time position with benefits (Community Blue Health/Dental/Vision) with incentive-police academy cost reimbursement, if applicable. The rate of pay is $21.84 per hour, entry, progressing to $25.18 per hour, after 5 years.
As a law enforcement officer, the interested candidate will regularly patrol the County to safeguard lives and property and enforce local, State, and Federal laws. Responds to a variety of calls requiring law enforcement and serves as a deterrent to crime by the presence in the assigned area. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Shift Commander, which is usually a Sergeant.
- At least hold an associate’s degree in law enforcement or related field experience.
- Prior experience as a law enforcement officer, desired but not required.
- Passed the MCOLES written exam with a score in the A or B band and submit documentation of their score at the time of application submission.
- Taken and passed the MCOLES physical agility test and submit documentation at the time of application submission.
- Be MCOLES licensed, MCOLES certifiable, or be actively enrolled in the State of Michigan recognized Police Academy at the time of application.
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Passed the EMPCO test within the past two years.
Out of State Certified Officers
Please contact the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) at (517) 322-1417 to determine your eligibility and available dates for the Recognition of Prior Training and Experience Program.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply for the Road Patrol Deputy position online or send an application via US Mail to the Tuscola County Sheriff’s Office, 420 Court St., Caro, MI 48723. The position will remain open until sufficient candidates are identified.
For More Information
Please direct all questions and comments to Undersheriff Robert Baxter by email, email@example.com, or directly calling the department, (989) 673-8161.
Tuscola County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer.