Apply for the Public Safety Officer Positions
The Farmington Public Safety Department is now hiring for public safety officer positions, with cross-training for the positions in police, fire, and emergency services. They seek men and women interested in becoming members of a great team and organization. Paid police or fire academy sponsorships are available. Farmington Public Safety Department is family-oriented and has overwhelming community support while employing 22 full-time officers cross-trained in police, fire, and EMS and 15 paid on-call firefighters.
Available Public Safety Officer Positions
- Detective Bureau
- School Liaison
- Range Officer
- Bike Office
- Fire Marshal
- Evidence Technician
- Fire Instructor
- Mobile Field Force
- Starting Wage is $50,587 (top pay: $75,858 after four years.)
- $650 annual uniform allowance.
- 12-hour shifts.
- Lateral hire incentives.
- Overtime opportunities.
- Pistol/Rifle purchase program.
- Paid Tuition Reimbursement up to a Master’s Degree.
- External vest carriers.
- Supplemental MERS 457 retirement program.
- MERS Defined Benefit Pension (2.5%): 25 years and age 50 (75% funded.)
- Paid health insurance (Individual, Married, Family.)
- Longevity pay.
- 14 vacation days in year one, maxing out at 24 vacation days.
- Paid sick/emergency leave.
- Relaxed tattoo policy.
The City of Farmington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must meet the current selection and hiring standards of the Michigan Commission of Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) and the Michigan Fire Fighters Training Council (MFFTC). To hold these positions, members must have attained a minimum of an Associate Degree or equivalent credit hours if pursuing a more advanced degree.
For More Information
Applications for the Public Safety Officer Positions in Farmington are available online. Once completed, they can be emailed to Sergeant James Wren. For more information, call Deputy Director Bob Houhanisin at 248-474-5500 ext. 5138, or contact Sgt. James Wren at 248-699-5158 or by email.