Road Patrol Deputy Sheriff Position Available
The Montcalm County Sheriff’s Office is seeking to hire a qualified applicant for their full-time Deputy Sheriff position. The Montcalm County Office strives to maintain a culture that encourages success and cohesiveness among the deputies and also has strong community support and strives to maintain.
The wage range starts at $23.91 an hour, progressing to $29.06 over a four-year period with consideration given to those with prior law enforcement experience. This position includes a pension that can retire at fifty-five with twenty-five years of service and a 2.5% cost of living once retired. The maximum pension is 80% of wages after thirty-two years of service. Health and vision insurance is provided with the ability to upgrade to include dental insurance.
- Duties include patrol, criminal investigation, traffic enforcement, quelling disturbances, and traffic crash investigations.
Deputies work ten hours shifts, with every other weekend being a four-day weekend and the opportunity to take a patrol car home during the workweek for those living in the County and off probation.
Special assignments, including dive team, field training officer, drug enforcement officer, accident reconstruction team, and detective bureau, are available to those off probation and as the opportunities arise.
Hired applicants for the Deputy Sheriff position must meet the following requirements:
- Must be MCOLES certifiable or eligible to be certified.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Hold an Associate’s degree or higher.
- Possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License.
- Must not have any felony convictions.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background investigation, psychological evaluation, and drug test screening.
How to Apply
Applications are available online and can be downloaded at the end of this post. Applicants must submit their completed applications to the Montcalm County Controller’s Office, 211 West Main, P.O. Box 368, Stanton, MI 48888. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For More Information
Please direct all questions and comments to Montcalm County Sheriff’s Office’s Lieutenant Thomas Goerge by phone, (989) 831-7589, or email.