Deputy Sheriff Position Available
The Montcalm County Sheriff’s Office is seeking to hire a qualified applicant for their full-time Deputy Sheriff position.
Montcalm County serves 20 townships consisting of a combined 720 square miles. The duties include patrol, criminal investigation, traffic enforcement, quelling disturbances, and traffic crash investigations. In addition to a defined benefit pension with a cost of living, the wage range is between $22.33 to $27.12/hour with consideration given to those with prior law enforcement experience. This position is competitive and includes other benefits, like health and eye care insurance as well as a defined benefit pension with a COLA.
Hired applicants for the Deputy Sheriff position must meet the following requirements:
- Must be MCOLES certifiable or eligible to be certified
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Hold an Associate’s degree or higher
- Possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License
- Must not have any felony convictions
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Able to pass a pre-employment background investigation, psychological evaluation, and drug test screening
How to Apply
Applications are available online and can be downloaded at the end of this post. Applicants must submit their completed applicants to the Montcalm County Controller’s Office, 211 West Main, P.O. Box 368, Stanton, MI 48888. Applications will be accepted until Friday, December 31, 2021, or until the position is filled.
For More Information
Please direct all questions and comments to Montcalm County Sheriff’s Office’s Lieutenant Thomas Goerge by phone, (989) 831-7589, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.Montcalm Sheriff – Employment Application