Saginaw County Dispatch Supervisor (911) Position
The Saginaw County County Central Dispatch department is seeking to hire a Dispatch Supervisor, 911. This position is responsible for oversight and coordination of the day-to-day operations of the 911 Communications Center. Provides dispatch and other communication support services to police, fire, and other public service agencies.
Employees at all levels are expected to effectively work together to meet the needs of the community and the organization through work behaviors demonstrating the centers values. Employees are also expected to lead by example through excellent leadership and communication skills.
Required Skills and Abilities for Dispatch Supervisor
In addition to these required skills and abilities, the hired applicant must meet the following criteria listed in this and the following two sections:
- Judgment and Decision Making – Uses logic and reasoning to analyze, understand, and evaluate complex situations. Identifies the strengths and weaknesses of alternative approaches or solutions to a situation. Exercises appropriate judgment in establishing priorities. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Develops and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with employees at all levels, representatives from various departments, and outside agencies. Effectively responds to and resolves complex inquiries and disputes.
- Communications – Excellent ability to communicate complex ideas and proposals effectively so others will understand to include preparation or reports, agendas, and policies. Excellent ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented verbally and in writing. Ability to handle a variety of human resource issues with tact and diplomacy and in a confidential manner.
- Requires a comprehensive background investigation to include a local, state, and federal criminal history check.
- Requires satisfactory results from a medical, pre-employment substance abuse testing and is subject to random alcohol and controlled substance testing.
- Requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, speaking, and hearing.
In addition to the required skills and abilities, the hired applicant must meet the following criteria listed in this and the following
- At least 18 years of age
- High school graduate or GED
- No criminal record
- Must be willing to work a variety of 12-hour shifts, weekends, nights, holidays with varying days off
- At least 2 years’ experience in an emergency dispatch environment
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Membership in Municipal Employees Retirement System (MERS) retirement
- Holiday pay
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid time-off accruals
The salary range for this position is from $26.42 to $31.82.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must complete a Saginaw County Central Dispatch 911 employment application which is available online. Additionally, applications can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
Return completed applications, along with a resume, to Saginaw County Central Dispatch by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information
Please direct all questions and comments to the Saginaw County 911 Administration by phone, (989) 797-4590.Saginaw-911-Dispatch-Supervisor-Position-Description