West Bloomfield Township Police Officer Opening
West Bloomfield Township is accepting applications for a Police Officer. To be considered, you must submit a completed application and required documents by Wednesday, September 13, 2023.
There is a new compensation program being offered. Police Officers who are currently certified/licensed by MCOLES and have at least 2 full years of employment as a full-time Police Officer with a governmental law enforcement agency are eligible for our new compensation program based on full-time experience:
- Starting (Non-Lateral) Salary
- Academy sponsored ‐ $51,654.07 (The Department will also pay you while attending).
- Academy graduate ‐ $56,818.51
- Starting Lateral Salary
- 2 Years Lateral ‐ $64,101.94
- 3 years Lateral ‐ $71,392.62
- 4 years Lateral ‐ $76,765.01
Current Police Officer pay progresses up to $82,329.22. The police department has a generous fringe benefit package that includes:
- Prescription and Dental/Vision Coverage
Minimum Job Requirements
- Must be eligible to be certified/licensed as a police officer in the State of Michigan by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
- At least twenty-one (21) years old.
- A United States Citizen.
- Have an Associate degree or higher from a recognized accredited college or university at the time of application.
- Must not have any felony convictions.
- Passed MCOLES pre-employment written and physical agility exams at the time of application.
- Possess a valid State of Michigan motor vehicle or chauffeur’s license.
- Successfully pass the written examination given by EMPCO with a score of 70% or better at the time of application.
See the hiring policy for further requirements.
You must schedule and pass the required testing to apply. To schedule testing, complete a profile, and take a test for this position, please go to EMPCO Testing and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but the results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan. The deadline for testing is September 13, 2023.
How to Apply
To be considered for employment, you must submit a completed Township application and required documents by Wednesday, September 13, 2023. In addition to the application, please submit a copy of your EMPCO written test results showing your name, score, and the date of the results. If you have not attended the Police Academy or are a current/recent Police Academy student or graduate, you must also submit a copy of your MCOLES written and physical agility test results. For our employment application, job description, hiring policy, and benefits information visit our website.
All documents must be emailed to email@example.com or by mail/drop-off to Human Resources at 4550 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48323. West Bloomfield Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For More Information
For more information, please visit the West Bloomfield website. Contact Cheryl Rothenberg at West Bloomfield Township by calling 248-451-4795 if you have any questions.