West Bloomfield Township Police Officer Opening
West Bloomfield Township is accepting applications for a Police Officer. To be considered, you must submit a completed application and required documents by Thursday, March 31, 2022.
There is a new compensation program being offered. Police Officers who are currently certified/licensed by MCOLES and have at least 2 full years of employment as full-time Police Officer with a governmental law enforcement agency are eligible for our new compensation program based on full-time experience:
- Starting (Non Lateral)- $55,432.69
- 2 Years – $62,538.48
- 3 years – $69,651.34
- 4 years – $74,892.69
Current Police Officer pay progresses up to $80,321.19. The police department has a generous fringe benefit package that includes:
- Prescription and Dental/Vision Coverage
Police Officers making a lateral move to the department are also given 5 vacation days after 6 months of employment.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Certified/licensed police officer in the State of Michigan prior to the beginning of employment.
- At least twenty-one (21) years old.
- A United States Citizen.
- Have an associate degree or higher from a recognized accredited college or university at the time of application.
- Must not have any felony convictions.
- Passed MCOLES pre-employment written and physical agility exams at the time of application.
- Possess a valid State of Michigan motor vehicle or chauffeur’s license.
- Successfully pass the written examination given by EMPCO with a score of 80% or better at the time of application.
- Submit to a full background investigation, including fingerprinting, photograph, and DNA collection.
- Successfully pass a medical examination, including a drug screen.
- Successfully pass a psychological examination.
See the hiring policy for further requirements.
You must schedule and pass the required testing to apply. To schedule testing, complete a profile, and take a test for this position, please go to EMPCO Testing and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but the results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan. The deadline for testing is Thursday, March 31, 2022.
How to Apply
You MUST submit a completed application and testing must be completed by Thursday, March 31, 2022, to be considered. The application is available to download on their Job Openings page – please follow their instructions for submission as well. In addition to the application, please submit a copy of your MCOLES and EMPCO written test results showing your name, score, and date of results.
Also, if you are a current or recent Police Academy student or graduate, please submit a copy of your MCOLES physical agility test results.
For More Information
For more information, please visit the West Bloomfield website. Contact Cheryl Rothenberg at West Bloomfield Township by calling 248-451-4795 if you have any questions.