Apply for the Road Patrol Deputy Position
Crawford County is accepting applications for the Crawford County Road Patrol Deputy position. They are looking to fill two full-time positions with highly motivated, dedicated, and career-minded individuals to perform the job functions accurately and swiftly with due respect to the citizens and residents of Crawford County and co-workers of the Crawford County Sheriff’s Office.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and/or obtain a Michigan Driver’s license by the hire date.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be MCOLES licensed or licensable as a police officer in the State of Michigan at the appointment time.
- Have no felony convictions. Misdemeanor convictions will be on a case-by-case basis to determine qualifying status. (Criminal Law generally includes all offenses except traffic, conservation, and liquor laws. In general, a conviction for a violation of criminal law is automatically disqualifying.)
Out-of-State certified officers, please get in touch with the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) at 517-636-7864 to determine your eligibility and available dates for the Recognition of Prior Training and Experience Program.
- Competitive Pay: $22.13-$26.71
- Medical insurance through Priority Health.
- Delta Dental and vision.
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan from MERS.
- POAM-covered union position.
- Most positions are 12-hour shifts, with every other weekend off as a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- All applicants must submit a complete application and resume.
- Pass an interview.
- Qualified selected candidates will be required to complete and return a background packet.
- Candidates will then go through a complete background investigation.
- Pass a psychological examination.
- Pass a physical examination.
How To Apply
Anyone interested in the Crawford County Road Patrol Deputy position should submit an application and resume to the Crawford County Sheriff’s Office, 200 West Michigan Avenue, Grayling, Michigan 49738, to Undersheriff Shawn Schnoor or Administrative Assistant Melissa Hull. Applications for the Road Patrol Deputy position can be found online. This job posting will stay open until 05/29/2023.
The Crawford County Sheriff’s Office is an equal-opportunity employer.