Openings Immediately Available
The Detroit Medical Center has multiple openings for Security Officer 1 positions on all shifts at:
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan
- Detroit Receiving Hospital
- Harper-Hutzel Hospital
- Sinai Grace Hospital Job
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides protection to hospital, patients, visitors, employees and their property.
- Presents a visible security presence in order to prevent the appearance of criminal opportunity. Performs patrols of assigned area; maintains awareness of environment and observes potential security risks, takes appropriate action to prevent or suppress activity contrary to hospital rules and regulations which is criminal and/or which poses a safety hazard to persons and/or property.
- Assists patients, guest and staff by providing general information. Provides
access control by checking badges and passes and identification of persons entering the hospital to prevent entry of unauthorized persons into business and patient care areas. Checks packages being brought into or removed from hospital building and grounds.
- Performs public service duties as needed (i.e., escorts patients, guests or
employees; assists persons locked out of vehicles or rooms; opens or locks doors;
provides battery boosts). Assists with restraints and lifting of patients as needed.
- Investigates complaints regarding parking, safety and security matters, disorderly or suspicious persons, etc. Prepares reports documenting all significant events and
investigations, crimes committed, lost or found property, safety hazards, repair requests, and the like.
- May patrol parking lots and decks to maintain security. Ensures compliance with parking regulations and observes hazardous conditions when present. May direct traffic on hospital premises as required.
- Monitors security and fire equipment, such as alarms, cameras, control gates and the like. Answer telephones and provides information to public and hospital staff as
- Engages in opportunities for additional education and training in criminal law, first aid, defensive tactics and other topics relevant to security.
- Assists in releasing bodies from morgue.
- Responds to Emergency Codes in accordance with Hospital and/or Security Department policies.
- Promotes the values of the DMC by demonstrating behaviors supportive of a commitment to quality, community welfare, respect and involvement, teamwork, open and effective communication, innovation and education and efficient and effective resource use.
- High school diploma or equivalent and four (4) years experience in security
and/or public law enforcement or military police. OR
- Minimum of two years college course work in criminal justice, security
administration or related program, and (3) years experience in security and/or public law enforcement or military police. OR
- Completion of State of Michigan MCOLES certified police academy and (3)
years experience in security and/or public law enforcement or military police. OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Security Administration or related area with participation in security or law enforcement through an internship or volunteer work such as police reserve program.
If interested please visit www.dmc.org/jobs and apply online!
If you have any questions, contact Employment Specialist Julie Zarra at email@example.com
6 responses to “Security Officer 1 Position Available at Detroit Medical Center”
Posted by Stephen Blackman
Hello and good morning my name is Stephen Blackman and have worked in law enforcement for 25 years. I currently work as armed security for Selfrifge Airbase. I would love to work for the DMC . Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org 810 580-2491 Thank you
Posted on January 23, 2018 at 9:32 AM
Posted by POAM
Hey Stephen, you’ll have to follow the instructions in the post as to where to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Posted on January 25, 2018 at 3:13 PM
Posted by NEVIN HUGHES III
Nevin Hughes III am interested in the security officer I position. I have 31 years of police experience, working for the Detroit police dept. I started in the DETROIT POLICE ACADEMY 04/20/1987, UNTIL PRESENT.
Posted on January 6, 2018 at 11:38 AM
Posted by POAM
Hey Nevin, that’s great! Please visit www.dmc.org/jobs and apply online. If you have any additional questions, contact Employment Specialist Julie Zarra at email@example.com.
Posted on January 11, 2018 at 11:03 AM
Posted by Alex pirkovic
I am interested in this job. What is the pay scale for this position?
Posted on May 4, 2017 at 12:36 PM
Posted by POAM
Hello Alex, please contact Employment Specialist Julie Zarra at firstname.lastname@example.org with your question! Thank you!
Posted on May 4, 2017 at 1:39 PM