Redford Township Dispatcher Job Opening
The Charter Township of Redford is currently looking to hire a Dispatcher/Prisoner Attendant. This full-time position is responsible for the central radio and telephone communications with the police and fire departments, as well as booking and lodging prisoners in the police department. The salary for this position starts at $15.89/hour. All applications are due by Monday, July 8th.
- Receives 911/emergency/medical requests for assistance for the police and fire departments.
- Dispatches police and fire personnel and equipment as needed and maintains communications with them.
- Routes incoming calls for assistance to the appropriate parties.
- Processes incoming prisoners by inventorying their personal property and securing it.
- Photographs, fingerprints, and records the acquired data in the township computer system.
- Places prisoners in cells, monitors their condition, feeds them, dispenses approved medication, prepares them for court appearances and releases them as directed.
- Maintains prisoner data on electronic equipment as used by the township.
- Communicates with other agencies and operates the L.E.I.N. terminal.
- Enters and retrieves data from electronic files and other sources.
- High school diploma or GED
- Keyboard ability of 20 words per minute
- Pass an extensive police background investigation, a physical examination with a drug screen, after an offer is made, and a written examination with a score, no less than 70%
How to Apply
Interested candidates should either apply in-person, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or download an application from the website. Please submit applications with a copy of your diploma or GED. Additionally, no resumes will be accepted nor considered.
To apply in person, visit the Redford Township Personnel Office, 15145 Beech Daily Road, Redford, MI 48239.
For More Information
For any questions or comments about this position, contact Charter Township of Redford Human Resource Generalist Sarah Mistretta, MBA SHRM-CP by phone, (313) 387-2806, or email, email@example.com.
Related Position: Job Opening: City of Howell Police Officer