Oak Park Public Safety Officer Position
The City of Oak Park and the Oak Park Department of Public Safety are looking to hire a full-time Public Safety Officer. As a consolidated Police and Fire department, the selected Public Safety Officer applicant will perform both department functions.
- 12-work shifts
- Excellent fringe benefits and retirement plan
- Starting salary: $57,000
- Top pay: $81,500
- Plus, applicants with prior police experience are considered for hiring in at an increased pay step
For consideration, please complete the following steps in the Application Process:
- Successfully completed 60 semester hours of college credit or have served a minimum of four years of active duty military with an Honorable Discharge.
- Take and pass the MCOLES Reading and Writing test and the MCOLES Physical Fitness Test by Thursday, August 29, 2019.
- Obtain an application and waiver.
- Submit cover letter, application, waiver & authorization for release of information, and any additional documentation specified in the application packet no later than Friday, August 30 by 4 p.m. Applicants can submit either by mail, in-person, or fax.
Ready to Apply?
Applications are available to pick up in person at the Oak Park Public Safety Department, 13800 Oak Park Blvd. Oak Park, MI 48237. You can drop your completed application packet to the Oak Park Public Safety Department or mail it to their address. Additionally, online applications are available by visiting the City of Oak Park website.
To apply by fax, please submit all the documentation mentioned above to the following number, 248-691-7161. You will need to make arrangements to pay any required fees. For more information on paying applicable fees, call the Oak Park Public Safety Records Bureau at 248-691-75256.
Have questions about this job position before applying? Contact the Oak Park Department of Public Safety by phone, 248-691-7500.
The City of Oak Park is An ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Related Job Posting: Dexter Township Job Opening