Plymouth Charter Township is hiring a Police Service Aide
Wage Range: $51,828 – $61,012; FLSA hourly position, POAM union, Classification of full-time employee
Description of Duties
This position is responsible for answering telephone calls requesting information or services (including emergency 9-1-1 calls for service), and performs other task related to the department duties. This includes but is not limited to; inputting information into and operating the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system, filling requests for information from LEIN and other computer data bases received from department personnel; dispatching police, fire and rescue to respective “runs”; assisting citizens with requests for information or complaints; monitoring local and state radio frequencies; operating emergency notification systems for community warning announcements and other various duties associated with prisoners and the lockup facility.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at the minimum of eighteen (18) years of age
- Must have dispatch experience with another agency (police, fire, EMS)
- Experience with LEIN, CLEMIS and CAD
- Must have keyboarding experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skill
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Be able to work without direct supervision
- Ability to remain calm and to work under pressure making decisions quickly and accurately
- Good telephone techniques and be able to communicate effectively with a divergent population
- Be willing to work a variety of shifts on a seven day per week schedule
- All candidates may be required to take a test
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Charter Township of Plymouth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment of the provision of services and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please contact Lara Katschor by phone at (734) 354-3202 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applying: Mar 1, 2019
See all POAM job postings here.
Leave a Reply