Lateral Police Officer Job Opening
The City of Ann Arbor’s Police Department is looking for a qualified entry-level applicant to fill the role of a full-time Lateral Police Officer. This is a sworn law enforcement position that involves protecting life and property through enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work involves responsibility for performing assigned police work of varying difficulty utilizing community oriented/problem-solving techniques, including community engagement, resource development, the enforcement of laws and ordinances, crime prevention, and much more.
The Ann Arbor Police Department is expecting a high number of retirements in the next few years and new Officers will have the opportunity to quickly advance in rank and into specialized positions.
- Must have at least two (2+) years of experience or more with a law enforcement agency
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent college credits (60) required at the time of hire
- Must be MCOLES certified including MCOLES physical requirements or have successfully completed the MCOLES Recognition of Prior Training and Experience at the time of hire
- Must have two years or more experience as a full-time sworn officer with a law enforcement agency
- Open Date: September 2, 2019
- Close Date: September 30, 2019
- Pay (based on current union contract): $56,139.20 annually ($26.99/hour)
- Benefits offered, including medical, dental, and vision; short-term and long-term disability; flexible spending account; longevity increases after 7 years, 12 years, and 18 years of service; and much more
Ready to Apply?
Interested applicants should apply online to be considered for this position with the City of Ann Arbor’s Police Department. Only completed applications will be considered moving forward to the next step of the hiring process. Applicants will be able to see the status of their application when logging into the City of Ann Arbor’s website.
The City of Ann Arbor is proud of our diverse workforce and our commitment to equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived age, arrest record, color, disability, educational association, familial status, family responsibilities, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, HIV status, marital status, national origin, political beliefs, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, source of income, veteran status, victim of domestic violence or stalking, or weight in any aspect of our hiring or employment process. The City of Ann Arbor has earned a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Municipal Equality Index (MEI), which assesses lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer equality in more than 500 cities across the nation.
Related Job Opening: Howell Police Officers