FEMA is seeking Mobile Communications Vehicle Operators
FEMA is seeking talented and experienced men and women for the role of Mobile Communications Vehicle Operator within the FEMA Reservist Program. The position is a 2 year appointments in the Excepted Service. Employment is on an intermittent basis.
The MCOV Operator supports the Disaster Emergency Communications Cadre at the Joint Field Office (JFO). You will be responsible for the operation, set-up, and support of Mobile Communications Operations Vehicles (MCOV).
Primary Position Duties
In this position, you will be responsible for the operation, set-up, and support of Mobile Communications Operations Vehicles (MCOV). The MCOV fleet consists of converted 39-foot recreational vehicles and purpose-built 26-foot F-550 cargo trucks retrofitted with satellite communications, workstations, and a wired and wireless Local Area Network (LAN) to provide voice and data connectivity to the FEMA network from field locations. The F-550 cargo trucks also have a UHF radio repeater and hand held XTS-5000 radios. MCOV Operators support multiple missions to include: command and control, mobile survivor disaster assistance registration, support to local, tribal, and state emergency managers, and other missions as assigned. Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare the MCOV and operational systems for deployment as directed;
- Conduct a chassis pre-trip inspection using the MCOV weekly log;
- Establish satellite configuration and connectivity;
- Setup and support a wired and wireless Local Area Network (LAN), computers, printers, and fax machines;
- Submit electronic MCOV status reports;
- Operate and maintain a radio repeater;
- Safely operate the MCOV in urban, suburban, and rural environments;
- Verify site suitability for elevation, length of cable runs, satellite connectivity, and access for refueling and maintenance;
- Run cables and wiring according to MCOV guidelines considering safety hazards, foot traffic patterns, and shortest distance possible;
- Conduct a MCOV orientation for appropriate site staff.
For more information on the position and TO APPLY:
Apply online via the following link https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472644900
Submit your resume to Femaemail@example.com and write “Mobile Communications Vehicle Operator” in the subject line.
For information on other opportunities with FEMA, visit Careers.fema.gov