Note: This entry-level police officer job posting will close on June 15th, 2018. This posting will apply to those either currently enrolled in a police academy, already completed an academy and/or already sworn with less than 2 years of sworn experience. Please pass along to potential candidates.
Entry-Level Police Officer Job Description
This is a sworn law enforcement position that involves protecting life and property through enforcement of laws and ordinances.
Work involves responsibility for performing assigned police work of varying difficulty utilizing community oriented/problem-solving techniques which include:
- Community engagement
- Resource development
- The enforcement of laws and ordinances
- Crime prevention
- Detection and investigation
- Apprehension of violators
- Preservation of order, and related police functions.
- Frequently involves the performance of hazardous and strenuous tasks and the exercise of initiative and judgment in various situations endangering life or property.
- Based on current union contract: $50,960.00 annually ($24.50 per hour)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent college credits (60) is required at the time of hire.
- Must be MCOLES certifiable at the time of hire.
How To Apply
If you are interested and wish to be considered for the Entry-Level Police Officer position with the City of Ann Arbor’s Police Department, you must apply by submitting the online application form HERE.
Only completed applications will be considered to move forward to the next step of the hiring process. You will be able to see the status of your application when you log onto our website.