The City of Westland will be accepting applications for a Police Officer position starting Monday, May 9th through Friday, May 27th.
In order to apply, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum age of 21 years old
- Citizen of the United States
- Must have a high school diploma/GED
- Must be a Police Academy graduate
- Possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License
- Must be a resident of Michigan for at least 1 year
- Must be MCOLES certified or certifiable
Please note that officers with prior police experience will be granted one-third (1/3) credit for years and months of service, and will start at the higher rate of pay. This prior service credit has a cap of two (2) years.
Proof of above requirements must be submitted with your application.
Applications are available for pick up only (no applications will be mailed) at:
Westland City Hall
36300 Warren Rd
Westland, MI 48185
All applications must be postmarked or received by:
May 27, 2016 at 4:00pm.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer