DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC SAFETY Position
The Cadillac Civil Service Commission is accepting applications for Director of Public Safety. This position is responsible for a wide variety of complex administrative, supervisory and professional duties. The nature of this work is advanced law enforcement and fire services such as the prevention, detection, and investigation of criminal acts, the apprehension and arrest of law violators, the safeguarding of lives and property, the planning, organizing, assigning, conducting, and evaluating the financial and business operations of the Public Safety Department, and coordinating activities between the Department, its functional areas, and other agencies.
Minimum requirements at time of application are as follows:
- All requirements provided by Act 78 of 1935, as amended
- Associate’s degree in criminal justice, fire science, public or business administration, or related field
- Five (5) years as a command officer or supervisory position in a similar sized or larger department
- Possession and maintenance of a Michigan vehicle operator’s license
- Authorization to work in the US
- Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) certification
- Michigan Fire Officer I & II Certification
- Michigan Fire Fighter I & II certification
- Licensed Basic Emergency Medical Technician
- Full benefits package to include a defined benefit pension plan, health care saving plan, medical ($35/mo for family), dental, vision, life insurance as well as paid vacation, personal days and holidays.
Please submit resume and cover letter, along with MCOLES, Fire and EMT certifications to the City of Cadillac/HR, 200 N. Lake Street, Cadillac, MI 49601. Applications and additional information are available at the City Office or online at www.cadillac-mi.net.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. October 20, 2017. The starting pay for this position is $75,000/yr. The City of Cadillac is an equal opportunity employer.