AAPD Scholarship Available
There is a posting open for pre-service police candidates for AAPD Sponsorship for a Fall 2017 academy. It will remain open through Thursday, June 15, 2017.
The individual who is selected for this position will participate in a 17-week Police Academy of our choice at the City’s cost for the academy tuition and all associated academy-related costs, excluding room/board and food or a work-study stipend while attending the academy.
- You must be available for the entire training academy and pass the MCOLES State Licensing Exam for Police Officers at the end of the academy
- You must be available to work a limited number of hours at the Ann Arbor Police Department each month while attending the academy
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of graduation from the academy
- Obtain a bachelor degree by the time of hire into the department
- A minimum of one (1) year or more equivalent life experience such as employment, internship, coaching, volunteerism, and/or etc.
- Possess good moral character as determined by a favorable, comprehensive, and extensive background investigation covering school and employment records, home environment, and personal traits and integrity
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License at time of employment with a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation, education verification, pre-employment drug screen, pre-employment physical, and a psychological evaluation.
If you are interested or know of good candidates that may need assistance with the academy, please share!
Stay Tuned for More News
The next job posting for lateral police officer transfers and those having already completed an academy and/or currently in an academy to begin in July.
An in-house academy for the Ann Arbor Police Department will start on June 19. More information will follow soon!
We’d also like to welcome our newest class of police officers.