U of M Police Officer
UPDATE (9/10/2019): Applications now close on Thursday, October 3rd.
Located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, the University of Michigan (U of M) Police Department is looking to hire a full-time police officer. The U of M Police Officer maintains a stellar work ethic, leadership qualities, integrity, and additional valuable traits. Starting salary ranges from $52,624-52,624.
The University of Michigan Police Department is a professional, full-service law enforcement agency with responsibility to provide police services to all areas of our campus community. Our mission is to contribute to and promote a safe and secure community while respecting the rights and dignity of all persons utilizing facilities and programs of the University of Michigan.
This position requires the candidate to successfully pass a thorough background investigation, drug screening, psychological evaluation, and physical examination. Absence of felony and/or misdemeanor convictions which would prohibit the applicant from receiving, possessing, and carrying a firearm is required. The position requires driving a university vehicle, so the candidate must have a valid driver’s license and driving record of less than 6 points.
U of M Police Officer Job Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service while serving and protecting the community
- Enforce University ordinances and regulations and State and Federal laws
- Using University-owned vehicles, patrol campus areas for crime prevention, parking and traffic control, and issue citations
- Obtain and serve warrants, subpoenas, and other court documents
- Identify, apprehend and arrest suspects
- Investigate crimes, accidents, and complaints and prepare reports
- Interview witnesses, crime victims and suspects
- Transport personnel and funds or other valuable property
- Testify in criminal, civil and administrative hearings
- Physical requirements as specified by MCOLES
- Associate’s degree
- Strong communication skills
- Proven customer service and teamwork ability
- Completion of a State of Michigan accredited police academy training program or waiver of training required
- MCOLES licensed and certified
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Some knowledge of State and Federal laws and University ordinances and regulations required
Apply Today To Become a U of M Police Officer
Interested applicants can apply by visiting the University of Michigan’s Careers Website. Applicants must submit a cover letter, which is required for consideration.
Applicants are also required to submit a video presentation answering pre-screening questions through a third-party vendor.
Applications close Thursday,
September 5 October 3rd.
For More Information
Please direct all questions and responses to the University of Michigan’s Careers page.
Related Job Opening: Lateral Police Officer in Ann Arbor