Part-Time Job Opportunity
Macomb County is hiring for part-time Protective Service Officers. This position is well-suited for retirees looking to continue their career part-time.
- Possession of a high school diploma or a certificate of successful completion of the General Educational Development Test.
- Previous experience in law enforcement, security, public safety, or corrections.
Under direction, Protective Service Officers will:
- Screen individuals entering a County-operated facility for any weapons and/or forbidden items.
- Greet individuals desiring to enter a County-operated facility and inform them that they must be screened prior to entry.
- Operate various electronic control and scanning devices in order to screen for weapons and/or other forbidden items.
- Observe assigned areas to detect and prevent unauthorized activities.
- Prevent inappropriate activities and/or behavior and intervene when inappropriate activities and/or behavior are observed.
- De-escalate unruly and/or disruptive behavior.
- Complete various reports and/or documents.
If possessing a valid Concealed Pistol License (CPL), applicants will need to participate in and successfully complete required firearms training as designated by the Sheriff as well as meet and maintain firearms qualification and standards in order to carry a weapon.
Multiple part-time positions are available. Selected applicants will be given the opportunity to work up to 25 hours per week. The starting time for these positions could be as early as 6:00 a.m. and the end time could be as late as 9:00 p.m., depending on assigned location.
Want to Learn More?
For a complete job description and online application instructions, please visit hrlr.macombgov.org. This job posting will close at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 1, 2019.