The City of Howell, Michigan is seeking qualified applicants for two police officer positions.
- 2018 Starting Salary: $44,117 – $45,760/year.
- Current maximum salary after 4 years: $64,646.
Reimbursement of Police Academy Tuition
Successful applicants without active MCOLES certification may be eligible for this economic incentive reimbursed over a 2 year period after successful completion of the FTO program.
Must be MCOLES certified or certifiable. EMPCO testing will also be used with a qualifying score of 80%.
Benefits of Our Unique Small-Town Police Department
- 12-hour shifts
- Opportunities for special assignments including Detective, LAWNET, and School Resource Officer
- Full benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
- $50,000 life insurance policy
- Short term/long term disability coverage
- Retirement under the MERS Defined Benefit Pension System
- Submission of Police Officer employment application, letter of interest & resume
- Successful completion of an oral board
- Conditional offer
- Pre-employment background investigation, psychological and physical exam to include drug screening
Applicants must submit a detailed letter of interest, resume, and completed Police Officer employment application to Howell City Clerk/HR Director, 611 E. Grand River, Howell MI 48843 firstname.lastname@example.org
The complete job description and Police Officer employment application are available at www.cityofhowell.org/city_departments/hr_job_opportunities
Please consider joining our full-service Police Department. Positions open until filled.