Howell Police Officers Position Openings
The City of Howell is seeking qualified applicants for their full-time Police Officer positions available. The hired individuals will perform police patrol, investigation, traffic regulation, and related law enforcement activities. Additional responsibilities include rotating shifts performing security patrols, traffic control, investigation and first aid at accidents, detection, investigation and arrest of persons involved in crimes or misconduct; assigned shifta using own judgment in deciding course of action being expected to handle difficult and emergency situations without assistance; maintaining normal availability by radio or telephone for consultation on major emergencies or precedent, and much more.
To consider joining the Howell’s full-service Police Department, hired Howell Police Officers must be an MCOLES certified or certifiable, have completed the State of Michigan certified police academy, and be 21 years or older at the time of employment.
The deadline to apply is October 31, 2019. The first review of applicants will begin on September 30, 2019.
Job Salary & Benefits
Howell Police Officers will receive the following salary and benefits:
- 2019 Starting Salary: $45,220 – $46,904/year
- Current maximum salary after 4 years of service: $71,358
- 12-hour shifts
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- $50,000 life insurance policy
- Short term/long term disability coverage
- Retirement under the MERS Defined Benefit Pension System
- Reimbursement of Police Academy tuition – successful applicants without active MCOLES licensing may be eligible for this economic incentive reimbursed over a 2-year period after successful completion of the FTO program.
- Submission of Police Officer employment application, letter of interest, and resume
- Successful completion of the oral board
- Conditional offer
- Pre-employment background investigation, psychological and physical exam to include drug screening
For interested applicants, download the attached PDF with the job description and application. Applicants must submit a detailed letter of interest, resume, and the completed Police Officer employment application to the Howell City Clerk/HR Director, 611 E. Grand River, Howell, MI 48843, or send an email to email@example.com.
For More Information
Related Job Opening: Job Opening: Police Officer in Ann Arbor