Court Security Officer (Part-Time)
Washtenaw County is hiring 15 retired police officers and deputies as Court Security Officers.
- Work 3 days per week, choose your own days off
- Flexible schedule
- $18.04 per hour (starting)
- Bring your own Glock 9mm, .40, or .45 and we’ll provide your uniform and all other equipment
- Several locations throughout Washtenaw County
Under the supervision of a higher classified Sheriff’s Office employee, the Court Security Officer is responsible for judicial security, courtroom security and ancillary support security functions. The Court Security Officer may be assigned to work at any Washtenaw County Court facility.
- High School Diploma or completion of GED
- Completion of college courses from an accredited college/university desirable
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to the knowledge and skills required to perform essential job functions
Required Skills & Abilities
- Exercise independent, good judgement
- Think quickly
- Copy accurately, speak clearly, and concisely
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations
- Communicate and interact with various types of people
- Perform tasks requiring physical endurance and ability under adverse conditions
Additional Job Details
These Court Security officers do building and grounds security work for the courts – they are not bailiffs. They screen people coming into the court and check around the building to make sure everything is secure. Most of the work is done inside and is not very strenuous. It is a great opportunity for secondary income.
How to Apply
If you have questions, please call Amanda Aldrich at 734-973-4681