Lathrup Village Police Officers Position
Lathrup Village Police Officers work on rotating shifts performing security patrols, traffic control, investigation and first aid at accidents, detection, investigation, and arrest of persons involved in crimes or misconduct; participate in investigating criminal law violations occurring within the city limits, obtaining evidence, and compiling information regarding these crimes, preparing cases for filing of charges, testifying in court, and related activities; carries out duties in conformance with Federal, State, County, and City laws and ordinances.
This position requires substantial contact with the general public, court officials, and other city officials in the performance of police operating activities.
- Patrolling city streets, parks, commercial and residential areas
- Preserve the peace and enforce the law
- Control vehicular traffic
- Prevent, detect, and investigate misconduct involving misdemeanors, felonies, and other law violations
- Serve and protect
- An Associate’s degree with a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Certified or certifiable as a police officer by MCOLES.
- A U.S. citizen and be 21 years or older at the time of employment.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid State driver’s license.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal histories.
- Must be able to read and write the English Language.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Ability to successfully complete all phases of the selection process.
- Ability to:
- Learn the applicable laws, ordinances, and department rules and regulations
- Perform work requiring good physical condition
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with subordinates, peers, and supervisors
- Exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Learn the City’s geography.
Lathrup Village Police Officers’ Benefits
- BCBS Platinum PPO Health Insurance Plan
- BCBS Optical and Dental Plan
- Sick Leave: 1 day accrued per month
- Sick Leave Bonus Buyback: Accumulated sick time exceeding 100 days receive bonus paid in July
- Catastrophic Disability Leave
- 10 days’ vacation in Year 1 – 20 day’s top out.
- 12 Paid Winter Vacation Leave Days – Unused paid out in November
- Personal Leave 3 day’s plus birthday paid off
- Health Insurance Opt-out: $3,000/year
- Retirement Health Savings Account: 3% of base salary
- 457 Match of 8%: Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance: $25,000
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage: $25,000
- Long term disability insurance
- Uniforms and equipment provided
- Annual boot allowance: $100
- Annual Uniform Clean Allowance: $270
- Longevity Bonus after 5 years
- Paid training and partial tuition reimbursement
- Department issued Duty and off duty weapon provided as well as a personal patrol rifle.
The salary range for this position is $47,304 – $81,315 (after 4 years).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must complete an employment application by clicking the link or downloading the file below. Then, submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in-person to the Lathrup Village Police Department, 27400 Southfield Road, Lathrup Village, Michigan 48076, during business hours, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The application deadline is Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please direct all questions and comments to Theresa Knoll by phone, (248) 557-3600, or by email, email@example.com.PD-Application-for-Employment