Clinton Township Police Cadet Position Opening
The Charter Township of Clinton is seeking to fill 3 vacancies for the Clinton Township Police Cadet position. This permanent part-time position offers excellent working conditions and an opportunity for advancement. The selected candidate should have an understanding of the law, knowledge of civil rights, department rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Police and other sworn or supervisory officers of the police department assist with enforcing the laws and ordinances of the Charter Township of Clinton and the State of Michigan. Performs all other
duties as assigned.
- Assists citizens and members of the general public primarily with non-criminal incidents and activities.
- Receives and handles telephone calls from the general public, dispatch, other law enforcement agencies, courts, or sworn members of the department and performs front police desk duties with a sworn personnel member.
- Processes the intake of prisoners by performing booking responsibilities which includes thoroughly searching, fingerprinting, photographing, conducting medical and mental health screenings, inventorying prisoner property, and feeding prisoners in custody.
- May assist and aid the court services with the processing and arraignment of in-custody prisoners during video arraignment.
- Investigates non-criminal complaints in accordance with the law and interviews and obtains statements from citizens, prisoners, complainants, and witnesses to obtain information.
- Also, handles bond monies from citizens and bail bonds persons, preparing reports for the release of prisoners on bond and ensuring prisoners are released from custody following department protocols and policies.
- Provides or arranges for animal control and ordinance enforcement which includes the care and health of animals maintained while in the custody of CTPD until the owner or animal control takes proper custody of the animal.
At the time of submission of the application, all applicants shall have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of civil statutes, ordinances, departmental policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of office equipment.
- Understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to maintain calmness in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- United States Citizen.
- 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- May have to enroll in college courses or be willing, or eligible, to take college courses relative to law enforcement.
- Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Successful completion of Civil Service Examination required.
- Meet all requirements set forth in the Employees Civil Service Ordinance.
The salary for the Clinton Township Police Cadet position is $15/hour with 29 hours maximum per week.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, go to the website to download the application and follow the rest of their instructions. Interested applicants must submit an application to the Clinton Township Employees Civil Sevice Commission on or before the close of business, Friday, March 19, 2021, at 4:30 p.m.
A pre-employment background investigation and substance abuse testing are required.
Learn more about the Clinton Township Police Department and its efforts to protect their communities. Watch the video below.
For More Information
Any questions regarding employment opportunities can be directed to the Clinton Township Police Department, Training Unit, Officer Tony Maisano by phone, 586-493-7866, or by email.
The Charter Township of Clinton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or disability.Clinton-Township-Police-Cadet-Position-Feb-2021