Campus Safety Associate Position Opening
Henry Ford College (HFC) is seeking to hire a Campus Safety Associate for their campus in Dearborn, Michigan. HFC is a comprehensive public college that serves 19,042 students annually. Founded in 1938, it continues to be dedicated to preparing students for a rapidly changing world and workplace by offering more than 120 associate degrees, career and university transfer programs, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Science in Culinary & Hospitality Studies.
The position schedule is for the afternoon shift (3 p.m. – 11 p.m.) with rotating days off. Its compensation range is between $15.29 – $17.41.
The primary responsibility of the Campus Safety Associate is to maintain the safety and security of the campus community. The Campus Safety Associate will participate in the prevention, detection, and investigation of safety hazards on the campus. The Campus Safety Associate works with contract security supervision to ensure that the security needs of the College are met. In addition, the Safety Associate may be required to direct other College personnel in the event of an emergency in the absence of the Manager or Assistant Manager of Campus Safety.
- Some college courses.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Certified in CPR, First Aid, and AED (to be completed within 6 months).
- Basic understanding of security systems operations (e.g. CCTV, Access control, etc.).
- Customer service experience.
- Communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Perform under stressful and sometimes hazardous conditions (to include inclement weather conditions).
- Understand, act upon and assist with issuing specific directions and orders.
- Clear a criminal background investigation.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Must have knowledge and experience of reliant computer software.
- Associate degree in Criminal Justice or related field.
- Dispatch experience.
- NIMS & ICS Training.
- 911 Dispatch Academy Certification.
- Five (5) years experience in Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, or Security related experience.
- Support HFC’s Mission Statement and underlying principles.
- Act as Campus Safety Authority.
- Write specific incident reports, logs, parking citations.
- Will have to work a rotating weekend schedule and may include mandatory overtime. Available nights, weekends, overnights, and holidays.
- Operate security and safety equipment, including computers, motor vehicles, traffic control devices, and firefighting/medical equipment, emergency notification software.
- Prepare investigative supplement follow-up reports and testify before hearing boards or in court.
- Conduct investigations of criminal, security, and safety-related incidents as assigned.
- Maintain the equipment for the First-Aid bags.
- Respond to and assist with medical-related calls, emergency situations reported criminal activity and all other requests for service.
- Physically patrol Campus properties and survey the campus to report security and safety-related vulnerabilities.
- Maintain the lost & found storage and documentation.
- Work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays due to special events, investigations, or emergencies on an as-needed basis.
- Initiate proper emergency procedures concerning safety and security when appropriate.
- Perform other safety or security-related duties as assigned.
- Monitor Contract Security Staff.
- Provide Safe Walk & money deposit escorts as requested.
- Understand and exemplify HFC Mission.
- Ensure a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for diversity and inclusiveness.
- Foster a positive working and learning environment, by maintaining a climate of collaboration, fairness, cooperation, and professionalism.
- Ensure that the office functions in an efficient and effective manner with respect to operational policy and procedures.
- Develops positive relationships with the college community and provides exceptional customer service to all College stakeholders (students, faculty & staff, community members, etc.).
- Participate in professional development opportunities as needed or required.
- Follow policies and directives of the College and Department.
Apply for the Campus Safety Associate Position Today
Interested applicants should visit HFC’s website to download the application for the position. Once on the website page, click Apply Now for the application and further information. The deadline for the application ends on May 1, 2021.
HFC also offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive benefits for full-time faculty, administrative, and staff positions. Please review the collective bargaining agreements for details.
For questions, please direct your comments to HFC’s Michael Ball by phone, 313-317-6826, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.