- 7:00-8:00 AM: RO and support staff brief
- 8:00-8:30 AM: Check-in
- 8:30-9:00 AM: Safety brief for all
- 9:00 AM: All Stages Go Hot
- 12:00-1:00 PM: Rotating BBQ chow
- 4:00 PM: Estimated Completion
- 4:30-5:00 PM: Awards Ceremony
Tailored to Tactical Operators, the SWAT Challenge will consist of 10 high-intensity live fire stages focusing on SWAT/SRT standard operating procedures, tactics, teamwork, fitness, and marksmanship. This event aims to bring together the tactical law enforcement community in a safe, friendly, well-structured, practical, and demanding competition. Build comradery at the team, regional, and state levels. A chance for operators to assess other departments’ equipment and tactics. This competition will offer unique challenges that test and highlight personal and team training, performance, and equipment that needs to be improved upon. Each team will consist of 1 Team Leader, 2 Officers, 1 Sniper, and 1 Breacher.
- Must have been an active member of a law enforcement special operations team.
- Prior team members are eligible, including retirees, transfers, trainers, etc.
- Military special operations units are eligible.
- Must have passed a SWAT certification course.
- Must have attended additional advanced (beyond basic annual quals) pistol & carbine training after Basic SWAT school.
- A liability waiver is to be signed by all participating team members.
Mandatory Individual Gear List
- Big heart, thick skin, and a no-quit attitude.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Issued uniform and duty belt.
- Issued patrol rifle with sling, 3 magazines minimum with pouches, 300 rounds.
- Issued pistol with holster, 3 magazines minimum with pouches, 200 rounds.
- Issued helmet and body armor with front, back, and side plates.
- Issued gas mask.
- Issued IFAK with operational items inside.
- Preferred hydration. Water and snacks will be provided throughout the day.
Mandatory Sniper Equipment
- 1 Sniper rifle system per team with all deployment sniper gear. 30 rounds minimum.
Mandatory Team Gear List
- Team communications.
- 1 Ballistic shield.
- 1 Threshold breaching tool (mechanical, non-explosive.)
- 1-3 support personnel to assist the event as Range Safety / Score Keepers.
Requested Department Equipment
- MRAP or Armored Vehicle with a driver.
- Medic or EMT personnel on sight.
Lodging and travel information is available here. A warm-up training course, Tactical Performance Lab hosted by In Extremis Performance, will be held on Monday, June 26, from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT. The training aims to enhance the officer’s operational readiness by teaching Specialized Physical Preparedness and how it applies to human performance and the range. Topics covered are lifting techniques, programming, nutrition, and recovery. In addition, the course will cover how to apply these movements to dynamic shooting.
The Michigan SWAT Challenge is also looking for volunteers for the following roles: range safety officer, scorekeeper, admin and logistics, and other support roles as needed. Sign up to volunteer on the main event page.
Leave a Reply