POAM, COAM, and TPOAM to Offer a Basic Union Membership Training
Updated on Wednesday, March 1, 2023 — The training is at max capacity, and we will not take any more registrations.
On March 2, 2023, POAM, COAM, and TPOAM will offer a Basic Union Membership This training session is ideal for a new Union Steward, Veteran Steward and all other interested members. Training will include presentations by the POAM Legal Counsel and also Executive Board Members. A complimentary catered lunch, coffee, and training materials will be provided for all attendees.
- Date: Thursday, March 2, 2023.
- Time: 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Location: Marshall Regional Law Enforcement Center, at 714 Old US 27, Marshall, MI.
This training session will cover the following topics:
- Rights, roles, and responsibilities of Union Stewards
- Critical Incident Response and Handling
- POAM Extended Legal Program
- Frontline Strong – POAM Lifeline – Mental Health
- Weingarten Rights – What are they?
- Basic Grievance Processing – the best practices and grievance arbitration process
- Garrity Rights – how and when to invoke
- Disciplinary Hearings and Loudermill Hearings
- Political Action
Register Now for the Union Membership Training Session
To participate in this membership training session, please contact POAM Secretary Jonathan Pignataro via email to reserve your seat today.