POAM, COAM, and TPOAM to Offer a Basic Union Membership Training
Updated on Wednesday, March 1, 2023 — The training is at max capacity, and we will not take any more registrations.
On March 2, 2023, POAM, COAM, and TPOAM will offer a Basic Union Membership This training session is ideal for a new Union Steward, Veteran Steward and all other interested members. Training will include presentations by the POAM Legal Counsel and also Executive Board Members. A complimentary catered lunch, coffee, and training materials will be provided for all attendees.
- Date: Thursday, March 2, 2023.
- Time: 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Location: Marshall Regional Law Enforcement Center, at 714 Old US 27, Marshall, MI.
This training session will cover the following topics:
- Rights, roles, and responsibilities of Union Stewards
- Critical Incident Response and Handling
- POAM Extended Legal Program
- Frontline Strong – POAM Lifeline – Mental Health
- Weingarten Rights – What are they?
- Basic Grievance Processing – the best practices and grievance arbitration process
- Garrity Rights – how and when to invoke
- Disciplinary Hearings and Loudermill Hearings
- Political Action
Register Now for the Union Membership Training Session
To participate in this membership training session, please contact POAM Secretary Jonathan Pignataro via email to reserve your seat today.
Leave a Reply