The Cadillac Civil Service Commission is accepting applications for Director of Public Safety
This position is responsible for a wide variety of complex administrative, supervisory, and professional duties. The nature of this work is advanced law enforcement and fire services such as the prevention, detection, and investigation of criminal acts, the apprehension and arrest of law violators, the safeguarding of lives and property, the planning, organizing, assigning, conducting, and evaluating the financial and business operations of the Public Safety Department, and coordinating activities between the Department, its functional areas, and other agencies.
The starting pay for this position is $75,000/yr.
Minimum requirements at time of application are as follows:
- All requirements provided by Act 78 of 1935
- Associate’s degree in CJ, Fire Science, Public or Business Administration, or related
- 5 years as command officer or supervisor in a similar sized or larger department
- Michigan vehicle operator’s license
- Authorization to work in the US
- MCOLES certification OR Michigan Fire or Company Officer I & II Certification
- Both certifications much be possessed within a period of time determined by employer
- Bachelor’s degree
- MCOLES certification AND a Michigan Fire or Company Officer I & II Certification
- EMT Basic
Please submit resume and cover letter, along with all certifications to the City of Cadillac/HR, 200 N. Lake Street, Cadillac, MI 49601. Applications and additional information are available at the City Office or online at www.cadillac-mi.net.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. March 30, 2018.
The City of Cadillac is an equal opportunity employer.