COVID-19 March Updates
POAM is sharing the latest COVID-19 March updates affecting our great state of Michigan. We will consistently update this post as additional updates come in.
This information is from the Michigan Executive Office of the Governor’s email newsletter.
Monday, March 1, 2021 Update
The state of Michigan has administered 2,621,225 total doses of the COVID-19 vaccines. Every COVID-19 vaccine allocated to Michigan has either been administered or is scheduled to be administered via appointment.
Weekly snapshot of the progress Michigan is making to vaccinate 70% of eligible Michiganders from Michigan’s COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard and the CDC’s COVID Data Tracker:
On Thursday, Michigan officially crossed the two million mark of vaccine doses administered.
In Case You Missed It
- Today, Governor Whitmer led a bipartisan coalition of governors urging the Biden Administration to redouble their efforts to help autoworkers through a global auto-grade semiconductor chip shortage.
“Autoworkers are the backbone of Michigan’s economy, and President Biden has already proven himself to be a strong ally when he pushed for the 2009 auto rescue that saved this industry,” said Governor Gretchen Whitmer. “Today, I’m urging President Biden to do everything in his power and to leave no stone unturned to protect auto jobs throughout the supply chain at risk because of this shortage. I am grateful for the President’s efforts to date to address this critical issue, including his recent actions calling for a supply chain review of the semiconductor industry and am hopeful we can once again count on President Biden’s leadership to ensure this vital industry has what it needs to continue bolstering our economy and providing good-paying jobs to hundreds of thousands of hard-working union members and their families.”
- MDHHS announced 1,156 cases of COVID-19 yesterday. This brings the total number of positive cases of COVID-19 to 587,581.
Happening Across State Government
- During its February meeting, the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) Board approved more than $27 million in loans to support the construction of a new affordable housing project in Howell Township.
- The board approved a tax-exempt bond construction and permanent mortgage loan for $27,251417, and a permanent subordinated loan for $314,221, to finance the construction of Union at Oak Grove. The development will offer 220 units for income-qualified households with incomes at 60% of the area’s median income. It will feature 72 one-bedroom units, 108 two-bedroom units, and 40 three-bedroom units, all of which will feature modern amenities such as in-unit washers and dryers and on-site parking for residents and guests.
“At MSHDA, our vision is to give every Michigan resident access to quality, affordable housing as a foundation for them to reach their full potential,” said Chad Benson, MSHDA rental development director. “Projects like Union at Oak Grove that bring new affordable housing stock to the market are incredibly important for bringing that vision to life.”
- Michigan is set to become more influential in standard-setting and regulatory support for state insurance regulators with Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS) Director Anita Fox’s recent appointment to several key positions with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
“Under Governor Whitmer’s leadership, Michigan has been a strong leader on insurance issues, which are governed primarily at the state level. These appointments will enable me to continue to advocate for Michiganders on insurance issues while working to strengthen the state-based insurance regulatory system,” said Director Fox. “In these committees, we will be taking on vitally important tasks including examining health care access and affordability, working to ensure that state regulators can effectively work together with federal and international leaders on insurance issues, and identifying ways to make insurance coverage more equitable for everyone.”
March UPDATES: RESOURCES
If you have any questions or concerns, please visit one of these resource links below:
- Vaccine Locator
- COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard
- CDC Situation Updates
- State of Michigan Coronavirus Updates
- Country-Specific Map – Travel Health Information
- About COVID-19
- COVID-19 Hotline: 1-888-535-6136
Please use this post as an informative guide for the COVID-19 March updates. Share with others through text messages, social media, and email.