On October 1, 2012, POAM transitioned nearly 30 collective bargaining units and 300 members to exclusive bargaining status in our organization. POAM also hired those employees’ previous Business Agent, Emil Kezerle to continue and grow our new business in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Mr. Kezerle’s resume contains the following:
- Graduate of Northern Michigan University with a degree in Criminal Justice.
- Graduate of the Regional Police Academy class 7-85.
- Worked as a Police Officer for:
- The City of Negaunee
- Northern Michigan University Public Safety
- Marquette City Police Department
- While with the Marquette City Police Department, served in the following areas:
- Patrol Officer
- Undercover Narcotics Detective (Upper Peninsula Substance Enforcement Team)
- Detective Sergeant
- President of the Marquette City Police Association
Mr. Kezerle is the Upper Peninsula Director of the Technical Professional Office Workers Association of Michigan (TPOAM) where he has garnered extensive experience representing public employees working in local municipalities, hospitals, courthouses, and schools.