Mobile App FAQs
Get all of your mobile app FAQs answered — read the information listed below:
Why should my department have a folder on the app?
POAM departments have their own specialized folders to provide members with quick access to documents, like bylaws and contracts, receive instant announcements with app push notifications, and secure voting to help pass tentative agreements and elections. It’s another way to stay connected within your department and to the union itself.
With 19 departments onboarded, it’s an efficient way to receive your information from your department’s leadership board.
How often should I use the POAM Mobile App?
We say at least once a week to stay up-to-date on the latest information. If you have access department folder, that frequency may increase but it varies on the amount of information that’s already listed or coming onto the folder soon.
Is voting really secure through the app?
Yes, department voting through the POAM Mobile App is very secure, easy, and safe for all parties involved. Trademark Productions, better known as TM and POAM’s website and digital marketing agency, handles all votings.
We ask for members’ first and last names for verification purposes and to ensure no double voting. Once the voting period ends, we send the final results to the department leaders, without first and last names.
The departments we’ve onboarded so far have nothing but positive reviews about the voting process, and we encourage your group to learn more about it today! Contact our support team by email — POAM@tmprod.com.
Learn More about the POAM Mobile App
What happens when I forgot my password to my account?
If you’ve forgotten your password to your account, don’t fret. Resetting your password is an easy and simple process. Follow these steps to receive access back into your account:
- Tap the POAM Mobile App icon.
- Click the Forgot Password? button on the Sign-In page.
- Enter your registered email.
- If you have forgotten your registered email, contact the TM support team via phone, 248-582-9210, during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST.
- You will then receive an email (to your registered email address) containing a secret code to regain access to your account.
- Once you’ve received the secret code, insert it into the required field box on the app to generate a new password.
- Remember to create a complex password that is at least 8 characters long, upper and lower case characters, a number, and a symbol.
- Once you’ve reset your password and account, log in with the new password then you’re all set to explore the POAM Mobile App.
How can I make feature requests?
To request a feature for your specialized department folder or for the POAM Mobile App in general, please send an email to POAM@tmprod.com with the following information:
Subject: POAM Mobile App Request
- What you would like to see in as many details as possible
We will acknowledge your request, investigate, talk to POAM management, and email you back with the final decision. Times on when requests are approved or denied will vary, so we will update you as soon as we have a decision.
Why should I accept the prompt for app push notifications? Will I receive a lot of notifications?
App push notifications are a quick way to get you the latest information straight to your device without you going to look or search for it. These messages are prompt and end with a call to action of reading or learning about that topics. We ask that our members accept this prompt upon downloading and registering for the app.
We do not spam our members with a lot of notifications. At most, we will send up to 5 app push notifications per month; special events and occasions may see a higher number of notifications.
Can I submit my union dues through the POAM Mobile App?
Absolutely, members can submit union dues through the app. It’s located on the homepage under the News sections, or you can access it from the side-bar menu under the TPOAM section. Submitting payment is safe, secure, and an easy process.