Township of Grosse Ile Patrol Officer Job Opening
The Township of Grosse Ile is hiring for a full-time Patrol Officer. In this role, the Grosse Ile Patrol Officer performs required functions including but not limited to, and designed to enhance the community, influence vehicular traffic, investigate criminal incidents, respond to requests for police services, and maintain peace and tranquility. Officers are also expected to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, the State of Michigan, and the Township of Grosse Ile.
Full-time positions include benefits of vacation and sick leave, health, vision, and dental plans, a uniform allowance, and on-the-job training. The starting salary range is $57,800 to $60,000.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Meet physical and psychological standards set by the Police Commission, MCOLES, and as described in the Department’s General Orders.
- At least 21 years old.
- Citizen of the United States and resident of the State of Michigan.
- MCOLES certified or certifiable as a police officer.
- Willingness to complete shift work including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to deescalate situations and prevent harm from occurring.
How to Apply for the Grosse Ile Patrol Officer Position
Apply promptly by completing the online questionnaire application on the Township of Grosse Ile’s website. The Questionnaire Application can be submitted to the Grosse Ile Police Department located at 24525 Meridian Rd. Grosse Ile, MI 48138. The deadline to apply is Monday, August 8, 2022, at 4 p.m.
If you have any questions, please direct all questions and comments to Jessica Hancock at the police department by phone, at (734) 676-9553, or by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Township of Grosse Ile Police Department’s Mission Statement:
To enhance the quality of life in Grosse Ile by providing prompt, professional community-oriented police services, while enforcing state statutes and local ordinances for a safe and secure community.