Work Program Supervisor Position Available
The City of Dearborn’s 19th District Court is now hiring a part-time Work Program Supervisor.
Under general supervision, the Work Program Supervisor supervises approximately a 12 member crew, including monitoring, transporting and supervision of individuals ordered to complete community service through the work program.
The incumbent may be assigned to courthouse security screening responsible for screening of all individuals entering the building and directing people to the appropriate areas. The work requires general assistance to court support staff, including performing clerical duties.
The starting salary ranges from $14.50 to $15.50 per hour, up to 28 hours per week, The full salary ranges from $14.50 to $17.00.
To qualify for the Work Program Supervisor position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Associate’s degree in criminal justice or two-years of related college-level coursework; or, high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) and two (2) years of experience in security, law enforcement or closely related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Concealed Pistol License (CPL) permit is required and the ability to successfully complete annual firearm qualification.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License is required.
- Skill in:
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of the Court’s goals, objectives, and activities.
- Ability to:
- Consistently demonstrate sound ethics and judgment;
- Interact effectively with others, provide customer service, deescalate and resolve difficulties while complying with regulations, rules, and procedures.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience in law enforcement is desirable.
- Previous experience in a court is desirable
The person selected for the position will be subject to a criminal history background check and drug screen.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and a detailed resume to be considered. Applicants can submit their applications via email to the Court Administrator Eric F. Cyman, email@example.com.
Specify “Part-Time Work Program Supervisor” in the cover letter and email subject line. Files must be submitted as Word document or PDF format; zip files and faxes are not accepted. If materials do not adhere to these requirements, then applications will not be considered.
For More Information
The 19th District Court is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Related Job Posting: Deputy Sheriff in Montcalm County