Public Safety Officer Position Opening
The Center Line Department of Public Safety is currently accepting applications to fill a vacancy for the position of Public Safety Officer. The Public Safety Officer (PSO) position requires applicants to be cross-trained in both Police, Firefighting, and Medical First Responder (training for MFR and Fire Academy is provided at no cost once hired).
All applicants must satisfactorily pass oral interviews, a physical exam with a drug test, a psychological exam, and a thorough background investigation in order to be considered for employment. Preference will be given to applicants who have already obtained MCOLES Certification or Fire Fighter I and II certifications.
The sole purpose of the Center Line Department of Public Safety is to create a safe environment for the residents and visitors of their community. Learn more about the Public Safety Officer position to apply today, or share with a friend.
Salary & Benefits
- The salary range is $45,034 to $72,792, plus overtime and holiday pay
- Consideration for an increased starting salary for applicants who have prior police or fire fighting experience
- Excellent fringe benefit package, including a defined benefit pension and a healthcare savings account
- Officers work a 12-hour schedule
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by sending a cover sheet, completed application, resume, and all required documents to the following address:
- The City of Center Line, Department of Public Safety, Attention: Sergeant Michael Gerald, 7070 E. Ten Mile Road, Center Line, MI 48015
- Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The application for this position closes on Friday, January 10, 2019.
For More Information
Please direct all questions, comments, and responses to the City of Center Line’s website.
The City of Center Line is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Related POAM Job Posting: Saginaw County’s Central Dispatch Tele-Communicator PositionPSO AD