Part-Time Protective Service Officer Position
The Macomb County department is seeking to hire multiple qualified candidates for the Protective Service Officer position in Mount Clemens, Michigan. The candidate(s) will serve within the Sheriff’s Office.
Under direction, screens individuals entering a County operated facility for any weapons and/or forbidden items; greets individuals desiring to enter a County operated facility and informs them that they must be screened prior to entry; operates various electronic control and scanning devices in order to screen for weapons and/or other forbidden items; observes assigned areas to detect and prevent unauthorized activities; completes various forms and/or documents.
Current Hours & Starting Time
Multiple part-time (up to 25 hours per week) positions available. The starting time for positions could start as early as 6 a.m. and end as late as 9 p.m., depending on the assigned location. The position also compensates at $16.32/hour.
- Possession of a high school diploma or a certificate of successful completion of the General Educational Development Test
- Previous experience in law enforcement, security, public safety, or corrections
- Knowledge of security procedures and practices
- Ability to effectively speak, write and understand the English language
- Ability to effectively speak and understand a language other than English is preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, Administrators, Department Heads, staff, union officials and the public
- Ability to conduct oneself with tact and courtesy
How To Apply
Interested applicants should apply for the Protective Service Officer position online. View their website for a complete job description and application instructions. Applications close at 5 p.m. on Monday, February 10, 2020.
For More Information
Please direct all questions and responses to Macomb County’s Human Resources and Labor Relations department by phone, (586) 469-5280, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you can visit this website for more job details.PSO Bulletin 1.10.2020