Eligibility List For Grosse Ile Township Police Clerk/Dispatcher
The Grosse Ile Township Police Department is hiring full-time Dispatchers immediately. Shift work is required and residency per state law. The starting salary is $38,963.45. The hired candidate must meet physical, psychological, and various other employment standards as determined by the Grosse Ile Police Commission.
- Answering telephone calls
- Dispatching police and fire units
- Typing and filing reports
- Utilizing computers with Windows 10, Microsoft Word, and Excel
Technical Shift work pertaining to law enforcement public safety communications. Work requires the ability to evaluate emergency and non-emergency calls, complaints, and inquiries; analyze situations and determine the effective course of action; dispatch police, assess time, and sensitive information; type and file reports. Must have the ability to maintain an efficient and calm demeanor in handling adverse or stressful situations for extended periods.
- Previous experience in emergency dispatch is not required.
- Must be able to work a 40-hour week of various shifts.
- Must have satisfactory completion of a background investigation, medical and psychological examinations prior to start date.
- All employees are subject to a one-year probationary period.
- Health, vision, and dental plan
- Vacation and sick leave
- Paid holiday
- Uniform allowance
- On the job training
How To Apply
The department is accepting applications until 5 p.m. on Friday, February 18, 2022. Visit the website to download the Police Clerk/Dispatcher paper application or below this information on the post. Employment applications may also be obtained at the Clerk’s Office during the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Submit all of the required fields and information.
Please direct all questions and comments to the police department by phone at (734) 676-7100.
The Township of Grosse Ile is an Equal Opportunity Employer.dispatcher flyer
Dispatcher job description and application