Dispatcher Position Available at Central Michigan University
In Mount Pleasant, Michigan, the Central Michigan University Police Telecommunications and Dispatch Center is hiring a qualified candidate to fulfill the full-time Dispatcher position.
The hired candidate will perform all phases of work related to the Central Michigan University Police Telecommunications and Dispatch Center in 12-hour shifts, including operating:
- Two-way radio and multi-line emergency and non-emergency telephone/911 system in receiving calls for service and dispatching law enforcement personnel and requesting services of EMS and fire
- A computer-aided dispatch system and other computer-related systems/programs and related work are required.
- Serve as the Terminal Agency Coordinator for the State of Michigan Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) and Administrator for the Michigan Criminal Justice Information Network (MiCJIN) portal.
- These duties include training, testing & certifying all Police Officers, staff, and student employees on LEIN.
The salary is $40,289 (between $18.19 – $19.37/hour).
- Education equivalent to the completion of high school.
- Ability, within six months of hire, to successfully complete and pass the following:
- LEIN Certification
- LEIN/NCIC Operator Certification
- Basic/Advanced Dispatch School
- Experience with computer software applications.
- Proficient computer and data entry skills.
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills.
- Follow policy and procedures, confidential processes, and supervisory direction.
- Have appropriate vision/hearing to perform necessary dispatch functions.
- Knowledge of the roads and principal locations within the University jurisdiction.
- Gain considerable knowledge of dispatch equipment, communications equipment, and operations.
- Ability to multi-task and act quickly/professionally in emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Perform the essential functions of the job.
- Dispatch work experience, directly related to EMS, Police, or Fire Services.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Familiarity with police/public safety operations.
How To Apply
Apply online with a resume and cover letter addressed to the Hiring Committee. The deadline to apply is December 31, 2021, or until the position is filled.
For More Information
Direct all questions and comments about this Dispatcher position to Lt. Mike Morrow by phone, (989) 774-6440, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central Michigan University, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex‐based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight (see Office of Civil Rights and Institutional Equity website).