Dispatcher Prisoner Attendant Position Opening
The Charter Township of Redford is accepting applications for the purpose of establishing an eligibility list for the full-time position of Dispatcher Prisoner Attendant. Employees in this classification are responsible for the central radio and telephone communications with the police and fire departments, as well as booking and lodging prisoners in the police department.
The starting salary is $17.09/hr., plus excellent partial paid benefits including health insurance, pension, vacation, sick leave, and 13 holidays.
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with five or fewer points if required by the department
- Keyboarding ability of 20 words per minute
- Must pass an extensive background investigation, as well as a physical examination with a drug screen once an offer has been made
- Qualified candidates must also pass a written examination with a score no less than 70%.
Duties & Responsibilites
- Receives 911/emergency/medical requests for assistance for the police and fire departments
- Dispatches police and fire personnel and equipment as needed and maintains communications with them
- Routes incoming calls for assistance to the appropriate parties
- Processes incoming prisoners by inventorying their personal property and securing it
- Photographs, fingerprints and records the acquired data in the township computer system
- Places prisoners in cells, monitors their condition, feeds them, dispenses approved medication, prepares them for court appearances and releases them as directed
- Maintains prisoner data on electronic equipment as used by the township
- Communicates with other agencies and operates the L.E.I.N. terminal
- Enters and retrieves data from electronic files and other sources
- Other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
How To Apply
Interested applicants can apply in-person from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or download an application from our website.
Submit completed applications, along with a copy of your diploma or GED to Redford Township Personnel Office, 15145 Beech Daly Road, Redford, MI 48239, or via email.
Completed applications along with a diploma or GED only will be considered. Resumes will NOT be considered. The deadline for applications is Thursday, April 1st.
For More Information
Please direct all inquires and questions to the Redford Township Police Department by phone, (313) 387-2760, or email to Sarah Mistretta, email@example.com.
The Charter Township of Redford is an equal employment opportunity employer.Police-Dispatcher-Prisoner-Att-external